Break a sweat and put your fitness level to the test by participating in CHF’s March Madness fitness challenge! This bracket- style challenge allows you to test your overall strength, endurance, stamina and power through a variety of exercises. Members of all fitness levels are encouraged to participate. The madness begins March 1. To register, visit the CHF front desk.
March Madness Rules
- All participants must register at the CHF front desk. The last day to register is March 7.
- All participants must submit a completed training bracket sheet to be entered into an opportunity drawing at the end of the month.
- On the March Madness tracking sheet, you will see four groups of exercises (total of eight movements).
- Perform all eight exercises from the right or left side of the tracking sheet (i.e. burpees – arm punches and high knees – triceps pushdown)
- Complete 1 set of 10 reps of each exercise two times during week one.
Sample Week One Workout: 10 reps of high-knees, butt-kickers, Russian twists, bicycle crunches, lunges, step-ups, tricep dips and tricep pushdowns
- Circle one movement from each bracket (i.e. burpees or mountain climbers and high knees or butt kickers) and fill-out the tracking sheet.
- Complete two workouts each week – completing all exercises from the right and left side of the tracking sheet.
- Complete 1 set of 15 reps of each exercise from the right and left side two times during week two.
Sample Week Two Workout: 15 reps of burpees, crunches, squats, push-ups, high-knees, bicycle, step-ups and tricep dips
- Circle one movement from each bracket of week two and fill-out the tracking sheet.
- Complete two workouts each week – choosing two exercises from the right and left side of the tracking sheet.
- Complete 1 set of 20 reps of each exercise two times during week three.
Sample Week Three Workout: 20 reps of push-ups, crunches, step-ups and high-knees
- Circle one movement from each bracket of week three and fill-out the tracking sheet.
- Complete two workouts each week – choosing one exercise from the right and left side of the tracking sheet.
- Complete 1 set of 25 reps of each exercise two times during week four
Sample Week Four Workout: 25 reps of crunches and step-ups
All of the movements listed on our fitness bracket can be modified to your fitness level! You should use a modification that is appropriate to you. For example, if you can’t do regular push-ups, do them from your knees, a counter, or even a wall. If you want the squats to be more challenging, add weights to the exercise or add a second or third set of 10 reps to your workout.
*If you are unsure about how to modify a movement please consult with a CHF certified personal trainer.